Monday, April 18, 2011

Canada

So according to my parents, I went to Canada when I was a teeny tiny baby, but since I don't remember it, I don't count it as having been.  My dad, brother, and I went to Canada during spring break of 2011.  While it was my first time, my brother has been once or twice, and Dad has semi-frequent business in Calgary.  We stayed in Canmore, which is west of Calgary and just east of Banff. 
The first night, it was aboot 0 deg F, and while we were relaxing in the hot tub, we found out that it was so cold that wet hair would freeze.  That definitely does not happen in Texas!
the first full day there, we went tubing on Mount Norquay.  Our family are not big skiiers, and I didn't feel like taking lessons this trip, so we had fun tubing.  The next day, we went snowmobiling near Golden, British Columbia.  We had a blast doing that.  We were on the Canadian Rockies side, and at one point had a beautiful view of the Purcell Mountains.
The last full day we went on a dog sledding tour.  That was pretty fun. 
Of course, the food was pretty good.  Dad said that they have really upped their food in the past 25 years, since when he and Mom first came when they were a young couple, and before I came along.

Above are a couple of pictures from Canada.  The top is me and some of the sled dogs, and the bottom is me on the snowmobile.  Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment