Friday, April 15, 2011

Hawaii

Some of the most relaxing vacations I have been on were in Hawaii.  While I have been there 3 times, my parents have been there maybe 6 or 7 times.  The first time we went, we did all the usual touristy stuff, like the volcanos, Haleakela, helicopter tours, surfing lessons, USS Arizona memorial (Support our troops!), etc.  We stayed on Kauai, on the southern tip.  Our family has come to love Kauai.  It is the hidden gem of Hawaii.  Not too built up or touristy, but really beautiful and peaceful. 
We have also stayed on the big island, on the western edge, and it was there that I got to go scuba diving for the first time.  I have always wanted to try scuba diving, ever since I was like 6 years old.  It was so neat being underwater, and still being able to breathe.  The water was crystal clear, and the coral formations were really neat.  Not many fish though. 
My Dad loves Kauai so much that he wants one of his retirement homes to be there.  Mom is not on board with that one.  Guess who wins out on this one? 

Above are a couple of pictures taken in Hawaii.  One is me when I was scuba diving, and the other was taken from the airplane when we were on approach to the airport.  It is a US Navy submarine going into Pearl Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment